Tuesday, November 13, 2007

micanopy half the start of a great weekend

This weekend was great in terms of eating healthy and working out !!!! The first in a very long time (see my previous posts :)). I volunteered at the micanopy half marathon Saturday morning handing out water and Gatorade. It was great for several reasons, the first being that I had to be there at 6:30 which nixed any late night eating or drinking b/c I was asleep by 9 and the second that seeing everyone run was very inspiring for my own training. One of the coolest things about the race was that a husband and wife won it overall with very respectable times both in the 1:20s about 5 mins apart. It was also cool b/c there were some good runners there of all ages. I'd run before with the woman who won the 60+ category and she kicked a** in this race - I think her time was in the 1:40s...? Anyways, it was cool and I'm motivated. I also met some great people from the FL track club.

No comments: