Tuesday, December 4, 2007

inspiration

yesterday I was reminded of a Nike postcard a friend sent me.

'if i turn back now no one will know .... except me'

And of course the background of the postcard is some really ripped girl running up a huge hill. I saved it because its so true - at least for me. There's nothing like the guilt of knowing that you cheated on your run! Its also kind of funny because Lane mentioned a Nike slogan in her blog today, so I thought I'd write about it.

I went out for a run and turned around and walked home after about a half mile. I have to say I feel pretty guilty about it (the post card says it all). Don't get me wrong skipping running is fine if I have something fun to do, some other type of exercise, seeing friends, resting but I wanted to go home and watch Troy on TV. Here are my issues with it:

1. Its a bad movie
2. I've already seen it
3. I watched it on TV the night before
4. I own the DVD

I have no idea what my problem was last night but I was not motivated at all. The really funny part was that when I was watching it I was thinking how great it would be if I could devote as much time as brad pitt and eric banna had to working out for that movie. I'm guessing they didn't skip workouts for bad movies :) I secretly wanted to see the end of the movie - which I almost made it to this time but still fell asleep b/c I can't watch that movie and stay awake for too long.

Tonight I need to redeem myself and have a good run and workout. Tomorrow is core training which I'm really looking forward to :)

No comments: