Wednesday, December 19, 2007

leave wheat grass juice alone!

Several of my friends and family members know I'm a big fan of wheat grass juice, especially when I feel like I'm getting sick and so today they sent me some articles about how 'studies' have shown its not effective and that the only additional thing that's in wheat grass juice is chlorophyll, which people don't need anyway. Hello - haven't they heard of the placebo effect! It was working just fine for me and also in some sick way I like the taste of grass it reminds me of HS cross country. I don't know why they felt the need put it down so much - its not like I was forcing anyone else to drink it or talking about it all the time. They can't use the excuse that they're just trying to help me - its not like drinking juice made from grass is bad for you. If I want to drink something gross that is benign and I believe it helps me not get sick then people should leave it alone.

Other than dealing with the juice issue things have been decent with my IT band - lots of stretching, hopefully Michel will show me some additional stretches when he's here. Yesterday I ran a mile (don't laugh) with no pain from the stupid band which I thought was a good sign. Today I'm noticing it (just a little) but am planning to run until it hurts and see how far I can get. Maybe wheat grass will help my IT band....

No comments: