Friday, May 23, 2008
Commit to be fit!
What a cheesy title :) It was on a GHFC advertisement for boot camp or something like that. I see it every day and every time I can't help but say it to myself, I haven't however signed up for their boot camp so all in all bad advertising. Anyway, the point of all this is that I'm demonstrating I've been spending much more time at the gym, which was one of my summer A goals. I'm working, somewhat obsessively, on pull ups right now. I can only really do one good one and then another 1/2..maybe. My solution is to do as many "pull ups" on the gravitron as possible with as little weight supporting me as possible. Just to quantify 'as many' basically I've been doing about 5-7 sets of at least 8 pull ups with about 40/50 lbs supporting me. I've only been doing it for a couple weeks now (almost every day) so the only thing I've noticed is that my upper body is really sore all the time. Obviously I'm dreaming here but I keep waiting for the one day when I can do 10 in row with no help easily :)! Other things I thought would help - push-ups and bicep curls, so I've also been working on those - not as much as the pull ups though. Any one else have anything that will change the way I do pull ups? I need a miracle here :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
1 comment:
back in the stone age when I graduated from College (1991), I spent the summer at my sister's place in Connecticut while I was job searching. She lived in this old house in an apartment on the second floor. There were two huge wooden beams that crossed over the living room. For the month that I was there, each day I would get on a chair and then use the beams as a pullup bar. The first week I could only do about 4, but by week 4, I could do 2 sets of 10. The key is just to do it every day... Good luck!!!
Post a Comment