Tuesday, August 12, 2008

reminiscing...

One of my friends recently blogged about his favorite run in his hometown. He'd first mapped it out over 20 yrs ago and over the years has gone back and run there many times mentioning how familiar and comforting the run/trail is. He put it much more eloquently that I ever could and as soon as I read it I knew the feeling he had.

I love certain runs, when I'm there everything is suddenly automatic, I can avoid potholes and mud without even looking, I know which part of the trail to accelerate on, its just a really nice comfy feeling. My favorite runs like that are San Felasco, the hawthorne trail, the arboretum at UK and all the trail runs by great falls park. Its funny when I go back I'll find myself subconsciously parking in my favorite spot, tightening my shoes at the same point. Some of the trails I've been running on for over 10 years which is crazy. Some of my best high school memories are from running at san felasco and reminiscing while I'm running is a great way to pass the time. Anyway, thanks to tom for bringing that up!

No comments: