Monday, October 22, 2007

parties, friends and food

This weekend friends were visiting from out of town and I went to several parties involving lots of yummy food. Friday night I went out dancing, which was great exercise but there was a lot of drinking too and then after, around 2AM, 3 huge pieces of really yummy, cheesy and greasy 5-star pizza. At least I went running earlier that day...definitely lots of empty calories late at night. Saturday I promised myself I would better but I watched part of the gator game at hops - where I had potato pancakes and beer then I went to a birthday party with amazing food, the only good thing was that I only had 1 glass of wine, if I would have had more I would have eaten way more. One thing that I'm kind of disappointed about is that I ended up eating meatballs and using tons of chips to eat cheese dip with beef in it. Lately I've been avoiding meat and meat products in general, especially at parties and restaurants b/c I never seem to make good choices when I eat them - notice my behavior at the party. I would never order grilled chicken and veggies when I have the option of fried chicken with fries. Basically if I can avoid the meat part I usually end up eating something much healthier with way more veggies. I also had 3 slices of b-day cake - there were 3 different kinds so it was somewhat justified...
I hope I eat a little healthier this week b/c I know the next several weeks will have some very unhealthy choices.

1 comment:

Michel said...

Reading your blog is probably not a good idea when I'm hungry... I'll get too many ideas that will counteract my weight loss goal! :)