Thursday, September 6, 2007
yoga is kicking my butt
Last night I spent an hour and a half getting my butt kicked in yoga (for the second week in a row). I can't remember the name of the first pose we did, it was basically a hamstring stretch except we held it for about 5 mins or so and I had no idea it could be so difficult. Once we did that I pretty much knew class was going to be a beast. The teacher is also really focusing on shoulder strength which is good but unfortunately really painful when I'm doing it and for several days after. All in all I think this is one of the best yoga classes at GHFC, most are a little bit hokey with the whole "imagine your arms are like branches on a tree..." thing but Betsy (the teacher) is really great about not doing that. She's also really great about making sure you work hard and push yourself to have good form etc. Tonight is dance which should also be fun. Hopefully not too much arm raising...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
1 comment:
I haven't taken yoga in a long time - but reading your post makes me miss it! Maybe I'll take a class soon. I do remember it can be really hard. Good luck!
Post a Comment