I didn't go running yesterday and it actually ended up being very beneficial for yoga. We worked on quads, hammies, and hipflexors in the hope of actually being able to do a split. Class started out with us lunging for 5 mins almost every second of this was terrible pain b/c none of those muscles in my body are flexible at all. I talked briefly to my teacher after class and she said running makes those muscles very stable, i.e. not flexible. I'm really glad I decided to go to class and made it through but it was really painful or 'intense' as my teacher would say. Today I'm really sore and my body feels like jello from the waist down but it was good. Another very cool thing from class is that we did IT band stretches, which I haven't been doing enough of. My it band was causing alot of pain in my right leg two years ago and I got really good about stretching but since I haven't had any problems recently I've pretty much stopped doing it.
I'm going to start putting some of my favorite running songs up so I can compare w/lane.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
1 comment:
I'm so glad you mentioned running making those muscles tight - I've never been a big runner, and have always been really flexible because of dance. But lately I've been doing more running than dancing, and I'd hate to lose the flexbility. So I'm going to make sure I focus on stretching (fortunately I do love it :) )
Post a Comment