Thursday, January 17, 2008

back to core training

Core training has started for the year and last night was great! I'm still worried about saturday's run but I'm just going to have to suck it up and get out there. I've decided that once I finish the gainesville half in feb I'm going to have my lactate levels and resting heart rate measured. Right now, based on imprecise measurements, I think my rhr is somewhere in the high 50s low 60 range. It would be cool to know the exact value and then I could train to see if I could get it lower. Another benefit as people pointed out in class last night was that I would know exactly how hard I was working when I ran. I totally agree but I'm not a fan of wearing watches, heart monitors etc. while I run. Its probably something I could get used to eventually but I'm not positive. One of the cool things about doing it is that once you get everything measured etc. the trainers give you a specialized training program. Anyway, it won't happen for another month or so but will be very cool.

1 comment:

Lane said...

I hated the heart rate monitor, too, but you do get used to it eventually. It helps that it's cool to see the reporting afterwards. And after a while you know the numbers so well that you can skip it a lot of the time.