I'm still working on my six pack abs :( They're looking better and better but not quite where I want them. Its so hard for me b/c that's the place that I tend to gain weight and the last place I lose it so there's basically very little fat on the rest of my body just there. I've decided its going to happen at least once in my life but I will be very cranky if I have to eat broccoli for a month. I watched E! investigates diet trends last night. It was hilarious hearing about all the fad diets that have been popular recently. I have to say happily, I'll never be a fad diet person I just don't have it in me. With some of the diets if I had to eat the foods they suggested I would rather not eat at all which would result in the same thing. The water, maple syrup, Tabasco sauce, lemon juice diet sounded the worst, I would seriously rather starve myself than eat that mixed together. The tape worm diet - hilarious - but very gross. I would hope that I could think of other options rather than giving myself parasites.
Other news: I've got about two weeks (its on the 19th) until the Newnan's lake 15K and so far b/c of my IT band I can only run about 4 or 5 of that. I'm a little upset about it but I'm still hoping that it will just magically go away if I stretch enough. I know it will eventually its just that I'm an instant gratification kind of person so all this stretching with very little results is really hard for me. I'm also worried b/c I haven't run more than 5 miles in the past couple weeks and 15K is 4 more miles than that so who knows how it will turn out. If I run slow enough I'm sure I could run the whole thing assuming optimal weather conditions etc. I'm banking on a lot obviously. Hopefully I'll have a good run tonight and that way I can keep thinking positively.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
1 comment:
I saw the tapeworm thing too - SO nasty! Michel was shocked - he'd never heard of it before. Did you ever see the House episode with the enormous tapeworm? (shudder)
Good luck with the IT band - have you seen a personal trainer about it? If you have a good one they can develop a plan for you to get better but also keeping in mind that you want to keep running - which a doctor may not concern themselves with. You could go to Body by Jimmie.
Post a Comment