Friday, August 24, 2007

great run

Wed mileage: 3.1

I had a really good run yesterday both physically and mentally. Mentally sounds kind of weird, I admit but its really true. I've had quite a few days where I know I can run faster and longer but for some reason my brain is telling me to stop. I think it helped that I recently changed all the songs on my ipod. I chose a whole bunch of punk, hip hop (both good and bad), and ska. Nothing slow at all though which really helped my motivation during the run. There is a half marathon in micanopy in November so I might try to train for that but we'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

Lane said...

Congrats on the run! Mentally is such a big thing - one reason I like my heart rate monitor is because my brain is telling me I'm working really hard even when I'm not.