Friday, August 3, 2007

jedi mind control carrot cake

today's overall mileage: 3

My dad got this carrot cake from friends as a retirement gift, its irresistible and huge. They've had it all week and I find myself creating excuses to go over and get a piece. When I wake up in the morning I think about it, I think about it at work. Last night I went over to 'check up' on my mom and conveniently had a piece of cake as well. Its seriously such a good carrot cake, its from Publix and everything about it is really yummy. I keep waiting for it to get stale etc. but no such luck, it seems like it will stay fresh forever or at least until I manage to eat all of it. Anyways, enough about the cake.

I took some of Michel's advice and ran on the treadmill before yoga today. Since I didn't have a ton of time I ran an 8:30 mile right before class. It felt great! I'm going to try to do that from now on because I was really warmed up and relaxed for yoga. It also gave me a chance to run a faster than normal while keeping track of my speed. After yoga I went running again and ran about 2 miles and walked the 3rd. Overall it was a good day in terms of running and working out.

I just changed the songs on my ipod and put a bunch of bad rap on it. Included in that was some 50cent. He came on while I was running and I thought of the video of him where he was running on the treadmill and working out looking extremely cut. It was good inspiration but I've got a ways to go before I look as cut as 50 :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cheering you on from the sidelines.

*Cheer*